Remember Betsy?
She is the one that I would always pray with and was constantly pestering me for attention... but I couldn't love her more. We kind of knew it was coming but still I was shocked to hear the words. On Friday I knew that she wouldn't be there when I came to work this morning so I kind of said my goodbyes, hoping I did it for nothing and she would still be there today when I went in. It was sad to go into her room and have her chair be empty. She was always sitting in that chair..
That's right I took a picture of it.. See that little red mark on the right side? One time I was painting Betsy's nails and dropped the bright, red nail polish and it flew everywhere!!! On the carpet, on her chair, on me, on the wheelchair...it was horrible and hilarious all at the same time. I scrubbed her carpet for a good while and got most of it out. Betsy and I had a good laugh about it...So I had to take a pic of the chair that I ruined. I already miss her so much. She was one of my favorite people I have ever cared for. She told some great jokes(most of which I cannot repeat) and always loved holding my hand while we chatted. I can't even tell you how many times I went in there and just sat with her, holding her hand. Betsy didn't like being alone. One of the best memories I have of Betsy is of her comb. She had this bright, pink comb that she would always tap on her side table when she needed help. Would she press the call button? Nope. She would tap her comb. When she was more capable of walking around she would even walk to her door and tap the comb on the mailbox outside her door if I was taking too long to get to her. But the best part was that sometimes I would come down the hall and she would be standing there with the comb sticking in her hair (You know like how the dudes with afros stick the picks in their hair?) She would do that with her comb and it was so hilarious! I would ask her if she was trying to be a trendsetter and she would simply say, "it's easier to carry this way...." HAHA!
Oh Betsy...I will miss her.
4 comments:
I'm sorry Sarah! I hate it when the favorites die. Take Jane for example... But I think if Jane could comment on this post she would say, "After all, life is better on the other side." I am sure you were such a light to Betsy in her last years of life. You are so good with the little oldies. Hand in there missy.
Or hang in there. Since having your "hand in there" usually gets you in trouble.
Sorry, Sae. That's probably one of the toughest things about working in your field. It's so easy to get attached.
I know Betsy loved you too :)
oh NO!!! You didn't tell me that Betsy was one of the soon-to-pass. I am sad faced. I feel like I will miss Betsy. Those are fun stories you shared too. Hand in there.
Post a Comment