Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday America...LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!

I love Holiday weekends when life is crazy busy...and awesome fun!! Plus, I love the 4th of July! Fireworks make me happy. Not even just kind of happy, A LOT OF HAPPY! Elated even...

So this weekend we took in all the fireworks we could get.

FRIDAY:
Logan City Fireworks. We followed my family's tradish and went to Lundstrom Park to watch them. Jared had to work that night, but ended up getting off work just in time to see the fireworks so that was nice. It was just us and Melissa and Jason and their kids. Then Jennie and Susan called us and they came to watch with us. It was good to have them there even though traffic is a bugger to get out of...sorry about that!

Aubrey and a sparkler...
Blakely and Carter watching the Fireworks...
Saturday:
Fourwheeler ride up Rocky Dugway and the loop over to Willard Peak. Have I ever mentioned how much I love fourwheeler rides? I always have. Even as a little girl I would beg my dad to take me and any time he went on a ride I HAD to go. It is just so fun and such a good summer activity.

Look at how cool the clouds were...
I love him...
Pretty sunflowers...
Remember how Jared likes to tease me? He will do this whole, "lifting one of the wheels off the ground" thing to freak me out. Sometimes there would be ruts in the road and he just thinks it's hilarous to see if he can get the fourwheeler to tip. I insist on immediately removing myself from the fourwheeler any time this happens.

That night we were planning on going to the Cruise-In Parade, but let's be honest...do we really care about classic cars that much? Plus, it was a billion degrees outside...no thanks! So we went and saw Toy Story 3 instead and had some dinner at Texas Roadhouse. BTW, loved Toy Story!
SUNDAY:
We had a lazy day. Church and then just hung out at home. It was nice to have nothing to do and spend some time together.
MONDAY:
The most fun-tivity filled day. That night Brigham was having their fireworks(don't even get me started on how stupid it is to have fireworks on a weeknight). That morning Jared went golfing with his dad and brothers so Amy and the kids came over to go swimming. Such fun! I love the pool! (Don't mind the random child who is not in our crew in the blue floaty)
After da pool we headed back to Matt and Amy's and had a BBQ. All I have to say is the salmon was DE-LISH! Also, thanks Amy for sharing the salmon/pool pic love.
Then it was off to the park to wait for fireworks..We chatted and there may have been some Phase 10 going on.
Pretty sure Cooper is adorable, even with licorice all over his face.
So I was looking through pics from last 4th of July and Jared and I seem to have an issue with taking normal pictures at this time of year.
At this point I was like, "Why can you not look at the camera!?!" So then he did this face and I kind of was not looking. I may or may not be a hypocrite at that moment.

I think this picture is tender. I just love it! Cooper loves Jared and his bear noises.
FIREWORKS!!!!!!
They were fabulous...
It was a great weekend and I'm proud to be an American!
U-S-A!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

2 comments:

Anger said...

U.S.A!!! U.S.A!!!!...I just wanted the chanting to last a little longer. Hey! I LOVE this post! So Happy!! and so patriotic. I want to go to there!

Also, I love the random boy in the pool pic. He adds a little je ne sais quoi. ha ha.

AmyJ said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe I haven't commented on ANY of your recent posts!!! How rude!! So, the 5th was fun. Loved the swimming, cookout, and fireworks. Love the pics of you guys trying not to make the same face every time. haha