Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On The Road Again...

Last week we went on vacay with the Jeppsen's. Where to? Well...Driggs, Idaho!
Actually we just stayed in some cabins in Driggs, but spent most of our time in Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

This is our cute little cabin. Each family had their own little cabin, ours is actually the one in the back and Jared's parents and Jennie were in the front one.

Day 1: When we got there we just settled in and then all went to dinner at a little place called O'Rourks or something. Go Driggs! Then we came back and got a little hot tub time in. After that the guys played some poker. I didn't take any pics, obviously.
Day 2: We headed to Jackson and stopped at the Visitor's Center and the Jackson Hole Museum.
Jared and his twin.....
It was super cold this day. We were planning on doing the Alpine Slide but it was freezing so we put that off until Saturday. Jared kept things entertaining with some hand stands
Then Porter, Chloe, and Jared did one all at the same time.
After some hand stands, we hit the Amaze'N Giant Maze. We had to race through this maze and get certain check points. If you finished in under 10 minutes you got a way cool prize...like a bouncy ball!!! It was actually quite fun and thank goodness I just followed Jared because I am not good at mazes.

A little later we went with Matt and Amy and the kids to the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum. Everyone else went to get their seats for the Bar J Wranglers.

Why did we not go to Bar J? Weeeellllll.....it was Game 7 of the NBA Finals and I don't know if you know this, but the Laker's were playing for the Championship. It just so happens the Jared and Matt are two of the Laker's biggest fans. They weren't going to miss the game, even though they felt bad for not being able to go to Bar J.
After Ripley's we went back to O'Rourks to watch the game and have dinner. At halftime Amy and I went back to the cabins with the kids(our silly tvs didn't get local channels, weird huh?). We watched the ESPN ticker on the bottom of the screen and were freaking out everytime we saw the score...we were sooooo nervous!!! But the LAKERS WON!!! WOOO!!!!
Day 3: Bright and early we woke up and drove to Yellowstone. It was a super long day but it was fun. We went on a couple of hikes. One was down to Lower Falls...
And the other was across the way fom Lower Falls. We hiked down 325 stairs or something like that...then we had to hike back up. I didn't so much like that but at least I got a picture.

We saw a whole lotta buffalo(other than the one I was sitting next to in the car). In fact, at one point there was a huge traffic jam because there was a buffalo in the road that wouldn't move.
Then off to Old Faithful...

It was a long day in the car but well worth it. We barely missed a grizzly bear and we were sad about that. However, we got some really great jokes like, "Is there a trash can out there?" and "Are you ok, lady?" Haha! And Jared made sure he made lots of monkey and bird noises. I'm not sure if he realized there are not monkeys in Yellowstone.

Day 4: Back to Jackson!! Finally it was warm and we were able to do the Alpine Slide. It was soooo much fun!!! I want to do it again.


Then we did a scenic ride up the ski lift. When you get to the top it overlooks the valley. Super pretty. Chloe and I rode up the lift together and I rode down with Jared.
WE'VE REACHED THE TOP!!!!

That night we went to dinner at Bubba's...mmm. Then when we got back to the cabins we roasted smore's. We played some Bocci and horseshoes and just chatted around the fire.
Day 5: On our way back home. We decided to go through Rexburg and stop at Bear World..
We finally got to see some grizzly!
And we walked through the petting zoo.
Aw, little baby bear cubs....
We really enjoyed our trip and were sad it had to end. Thanks Richard and Susan for getting it all organized and for everything you do for us. We love you and really appreciate it! We had such a blast!

4 comments:

AmyJ said...

Love all your photos! So so cute! Looks like it was lots of fun! Oh, wait, it was---I was there!! haha

So, you're saying there aren't any monkeys in Yellowstone? What about ostrich?? haha Yeah, stupid missing the grizzly in the park! Don't get me started!! Love the jokes. We're so glad you guys rode with us for what, like 80 hours?? haha

Toy Story 3 was great! But don't ask Matt about it, cause he missed most of it thanks to Coop (I kept taking him to the back of the theater to stand up with him, but one time Matt took him out and didn't come back--so he missed it). Coopie was a baaaad little boy in the movie!!

Krystal said...

Yeah - it wAs a BLAST! I am sad to be back into real life. I have yet to catch up.....really, no joke! Nice pics ;)

(we'll see if I actually get something posted about the trip.....)

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

I will never talk to you again. Period.

Anger said...

What? no comment like "It would have bee so much better if Anger had been with us and made us go to Bar J"? ha ha. Looks like you had a grande time.

Slash the Jared/Buffalo jokes are hysterical. Can you and Jared come hang out again so I can sit in my car and honk for him to move? That way I can feel like I'm on vacay :)