Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jazz Puddin'

Jared has to take a couple of classes this summer in order to be able to graduate next spring(it all goes along with USU's evil plan to take all of our money). Anywho, one of his classes had to be a DHA...something about the creative arts. Pretty much the only class he could take that didn't cost a billion dollars was Jazz History. Yep, you heard. Jared learning the history of Jazz music is a funny thing to me.

One of the requirements of the class is to go listen to a jazz concert and write a paper about it. So tonight we went to this weird Italian restaurant in Logan called Le Nonne. His teacher plays Jazz there every Wednesday night. It's this tiny establishment where people who like to drink wine and listen to Jazz music spend their time. So I'm thinking, 'welp, it looks quaint and fancy so the food will be good'. Hmm...I was wrong. The food was weird and so were all the people in the restaurant. They kept toasting their wine glasses. Not just once before they started eating, it was several times throughout the meal. I asked Jared if we should toast our Coke to fit in but he just rolled his eyes. Needless to say, it was a strange experience. One I felt worthy of blogging about. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of my face looking weirded out.

3 comments:

AmyJ said...

Sounds interesting, and I'm also slightly disappointed in the lack of pictures.

Anger said...

just the thought of you and Jared at some swanky jazz restaurant makes me smile...on the inside of course. no pictures needed. Does that make me a mean person? ha ha. Also, I agree with Krystal about that "date night" sign. clever!...wrong post. oops!

laci said...

Haha, oh funny! I've always heard good things about Le Nonne (or however it's spelled) but maybe I've only been hearing the reviews from all the wine toast-y people. Then again, I know NO ONE of that lifestyle so...but I too took humor in the thought of you and Jared there soaking in the atmosphere. The lack of pictures kinda made it better for the imagination. :)
Pretty much anywhere from Center street to 2nd North and the few blocks east are for the crazy, wine and coffee loving, drive a Subaru Outback and grow your hair out in dreads kinda peeps. (I had to go to a poetry reading for one of my classes once at that Citrus and Sage coffee house, that no longer exists...AWKWARD!)
P.s. LOVE LOVE LOVE all your pics. You could send them out as pretend engagements again. So cute!