Friday, June 11, 2010

Mom Turned 50!!!

Today was my mom's 50th birthday and we threw her a surprise party. We rented the pavillion at the Cache County Fair Grounds. My sisters (and our awesome husbands) spent the majority of the day getting things ready....I think it looked pretty cute. We were just glad we planned this inside because it poured rain ALL DAY! We had a lot of people show up and we are so glad they did, it made the party.
Here is some of our spread. Hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, salads, homeade root beer....mmmm.
We made up some story for Doug to tell her. He pretended they had dinner reservations and Jeremy just happened to call him with car trouble at the fair grounds. So as they pulled up we all hid in the corner and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!" when they walked in the door. She was actually pretty shocked to see everyone there. She said she knew something was going on but hadn't expected all this. It was awesome!
Aren't we nice?
We made her wear her birthday crown while she opened presents. She was pretty excited about that.

Big thanks to everyone who came to the party. She loved it! And a big thanks to my sisters and their husbands for all their help with planning and help getting things ready. And, of course, Doug for all his help.
And mom, we love ya! You do so much for us all that it is the least we could do. I think I speak for my sisters as well when I say we are lucky to have you as our mom. We couldn't ask for anyone better. We hope you had a great day and that turning 50 wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have got the best kids ever. I love you guys so much.

AmyJ said...

What a sweet post! I love the pictures, and I love that she was surprised! The decorations look so cute! Love the dirt cake-haha-did she??

Great job on the party! It sounds like it was way fun and she loved it!!