Saturday, April 28, 2012

We Got Colored In A Rad-Like Fashion...

So a few months ago, Amy told us about this 5k at UVU called Color Me Rad. She told us they throw color at you while you run and it's just amazingly rad and fun. So she got together a team and we called ourselves WTF aka Witness The Fitness. Great name, huh?
Welp, today was the race and it was just so much fun I can I can't even stop thinking about it and I wanted to do a post.


Jared and me at the starting line. Don't we look clean?
Team WTF
Oh and Anger joined the team.
We're EXCITED!
So we ran. 3.2 miles to be exact. Well, Jared, Anger, and I ran mostly at the first and then we were dancing slash talking slash laughing too much to run a lot of the last half(and by "we" I mean Anger and myself) But it WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN! For each kilometer they had a color blasting zone where volunteers would throw color and shoot paint at you. It was rad! We would all scream and get giddy when they threw color at us, it is unbelievably fun.
Every 10 minutes or so, all the people that had just crossed the finish line would gather round and count down from 10.
When we got to 1 everyone would throw their color pack in the air. Neat, right?

Even Chloe got in on the color fun...
Team Witness The Fitness after the race.
Jared and Anger
Us.
Playin' it cool..
Jared and Amberlee trying to get some color off.

Backs!
Our bibs. I was #1.


Can you tell where my bib was?
The weird thing was Jared's face only got it on one side. Love it!
 I seriously cannot say enough of how FUN this was. Anyone who can run or walk for 3 miles NEEDS to do this next year. I can't even wait for it again.  It was such a party at the finish line with the music blasting and everyone happy!
 Totally worth having to scrub for half an hour in the shower to get all the color off.
COLOR ME RAD!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Don't they do one in Cache Valley too? I had some friends do that one a few weeks ago. I would love it!

I have to say, I am VERY jealous of the BBQ you all had at the mission announcement.....ya, we had waffles for dinner that night! We are heading to Disney Land in October, it couldn't be a more perfect call!

Glad to see you two are keeping busy and having fun.

AmyJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anger said...

because my face hurts from smiling, you know? SO FUNN!!!!