Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Have Lots of Explaining To Do...

First off, I am kind of a bad wife. Jared's birthday was a couple of weeks ago on the 22nd of September and I am just getting around to doing a post about it. Second, I have none pictures from it. I know, I know. Horrible! Inexcusable! Also, I did not get him a cake. I really should stop typing because I am not doing myself any favors.
Let me explain...
Jared does not like birthdays, he does not care for holidays, and he hates when I make a big deal out of things. So naturally I have a slight tendency to think birthdays and holidays should be celebrated to the FULLEST EXTENT!!. They are a BFD! There should be lots of decorating of the house and making the birthday person feel special slash awesome. Jared feels opposite of this. I wish I counted how many times he said, "My birthday is just another day of the week." wah, wah...I do not like this.
So every year I have the "dilemma of his birthday." I feel we should celebrate!!! He does not. In fact, I insisted I take him to dinner and he wanted McDonald's. I wish I was making this up. I did talk him into going to Iggy's so I guess that was a victory for me. Also, he would not let me get him a present. I think in all his insisting I not make a big deal, I fell for it and did not make a big deal. Which, by the way, has been driving me insane since his birthday and I keep insisting I will make it up to him. Then he rolls his eyes and tells me he loved his birthday, yada, yada, yada...See why I have stress about this? I feel like I should also note that Jared always makes a big deal for my birthday because he knows I like it. That's just the kind of guy he is...

He did allow for my mom and Doug to take us out to dinner that weekend to celebrate. We went to Maddox and Jared got a free piece of peach pie(for the b-day) and it was delish. Yeah, he shared with me.

Jared opening his present from my parents. It's a tool set, which he needed very badly, because he is a man and men use tools for things, it makes them manly.
Jared and I at Maddox for his birthday dinner.
Doug and mom.

I can't remember when this next activity took place, but the Cowboys were playing the 49ers that Sunday. I don't know if I have mentioned this, but Jared kind of likes the Cowboys. Oh, and Doug is a 49ers fan. So we decided to have a little Football Party at their house and watch the game. Also, they have the NFL Sunday Ticket and the game was not on National TV. Out of good fun, I made star-shaped Rice Krispie Treats. I did add a little bit of blue food coloring but you can't really tell. We debated on making red, butterfly Rice Krispies for the 49er fans but decided against it...


Go COWBOYS!
At Halftime we played a little pool.
Cowboys won in Overtime so all was well.
 This past Wednesday, we had a Girl's Day! It was such fun. My mom, sisters, and my niece got together for lunch and went to the Fall Craft Fair in Ogden. We had a blast! Lots of laughing for sure. We definitely need to do this more often!
I don't know how, but my mom fooled me into taking the picture so she wasn't in it. Unacceptable! She has learned some tricks.
Some of the fruits of my labor. I could spend a lot of money at a place like that! I should have got a pic of all of the purchases but I forgot.
Don't worry though, we are going to the Christmas one in November and I'm already excited about it!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love the fall craft fair, but I couldn't make it to it. You bought some very cute things!! I'm so excited for the Christmas one!

Anger said...

ha ha. Don Fey. Did you do that on purpose with the "Inexcusable!" and the "Unacceptable!"? Also, this post just made me laugh a lot, so thank you.