I have story to explain.
About a month ago Jared was looking over his school schedule for next semester. He only has 2 semesters left and he has 15 credits for each semester. That is quite a lot, especially when he is getting so close to the end his classes are going to be tough and very time consuming. Plus, during the fall is when Pepperidge Farm gets super busy getting ready for the holidays and they work 6-7 days a week. So basically, when he was calculating all this we discovered that each day he would have about 2 hours between school and work for homework and lunch. Then he would go to work, come home, sleep for 5 hours tops....and start all over again.
To make a long story slightly less novelish, he would have absolutely no time to do homework, spend time with me, relax, not go crazy and get burnt out. So we decided the best thing for him and us is to have him quit his job.
Along with that comes the fact that we can't afford to live in our nice apartment, so we moved back to Mantua with Jared's parents until next spring when school is done. We have mixed feelings about this of course. Jared was not a fan of the idea and thinks he should be able to handle it..basically he is being how he is and that is one of the biggest reasons I love Jared, he is such a hard worker. We have discussed the possibility of him not passing some of his classes though because of his schedule, which would be awful and put him back another year. So this is our best option to guarantee graduation next spring.
I am excited and sad. I am thrilled to actually see Jared every night like a normal couple for the first time ever in our marriage. Also, we get to carpool to Logan everyday for school and work and I think that will be fun. I'm also happy Jared can finally just focus on school and be slightly less stressed. I am so glad we have a place to go and for Richard and Susan for being so willing to letting us stay there for the next little while. We are very blessed to have them and are so grateful for all they do for us. But of course there are little things that make us sad about this move. We love, love, loved our apartment. When we first moved in we immediately felt like this was home and we talk about that all the time how this place just feels comfortable to us. I am sad to not be able to decorate for Christmas. And of course we are sad to not be on our own. It's just one of those things...we like having our own place to ourselves. I know those are not big things when I look at the big picture and in the end it will be worth it. But it is still sad to leave our apt, I may have cried when we got done cleaning it and I realized that was it. I felt quite emotional about the whole thing. It has been a few weeks now and we are slowly settling in to our lives for the next year.
Here are some pics of the apt so I can remember it....aww. I remembered to take actual pictures this time before everything was packed away.
2 comments:
Aww...I know what you mean about the sad. But, the seeing eachother and not failing/dropping a class or two will be good. AND...WE get to see you guys a little more often, which I'm sure is a huge part of why you moved, right??
Love the pics of the apartment. Those will be fun (and less sad) to look back on a long time from now.
I did know this...but I didn't KNOW this..until now.
Post a Comment