I heart Valentine's Day, I really do. Even before I was in love I thought it was great but now it's even more awesome. The weekend started off great when Jared made me breakfast in bed Saturday morning. How sweet, right? The best part was he even cleaned it up after. Why is it that food that is cooked for you tastes way better than food you cook by yourself?
This year Jared and I decided to go stay the night somewhere. We chose Ogden. Why Ogden? Just because. We stayed at Ben Lomond Suites and we really liked it there. Apparently this weekend was Winterfest right outside our window and we didn't even know it.
They hauled in a bunch of snow and closed down the roads and people were skiing, boarding, sledding, etc. down them. Pretty cool to watch out the window.
That night we went to Goodwood BBQ for some dinner. MMMMMM..........
Amen
After dinner we went to Fat Cats for some bowling. While we waited for our lane, Jared decided to test his street racing skills. Turns out he is 2nd the best at street racing....who knew?
BAM!!!! Time to bowl!!!!!! It is NOT important who won(and I'm only saying that because it was not me) but that we had a great time. Which we did. I want to go again. 



Sunday we didn't really want to just go home so we decided to go up to Park City and see what was going on. Turns out nothing really. We did spend some time at the Outlets, of course, and then went to the Utah Olympic Park. Neither one of us had been there. Pretty sweet.
I also have a picture of me doing this, but let's face it...it's a skier and I'm WAY TOOO COOL to be posing as a skier. Plus, look at the yellow outfit. SICK!
How awesome is this picture? It's of SLC all lit up during the Opening Ceremonies or something like that. So so so cool. I stood there for about 10 minutes just looking at it. It kinda made me sad though. I wish I would have appreciated the Olympics more when they were here. I never even went to an event. That is a once in a lifetime experience and I missed out. Good thing they have this museum, eh?
There ya go...that is waaaaaay cooler than skis.
Jared checking out the medals
Oh, earlier when I said I missed out on the events I was talking about everything EXCEPT when I lit the torch at the Opening Ceremonies. I forgot about that one....ya that was a neat experience. I dug up this old photo for just in case you didn't believe me.
Jared was just trying to one up me. His photo is totally fake.

Some of the jumps and what-not outside. So cool.
We had a great time on our mini getaway. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!
4 comments:
Sarah.
I love your posts.
They make me laugh without fail.
That is so rad that you went to stay in Ogden.
Especially since you grew up like 20 minutes away from it.
Maybe next Valentine's I will stay in Preston, ID.
No but seriously. Riverdale rocks.
I'm serious, I love it.
Ps Your hair is beautimous.
I miss your face.
cute. slash I forgot about you lighting the torch until you posted that old photo...memories. ha ha. Glad you had fun. Sad that I wasn't invited bowling. ha ha.
What a great post. Winterfest looked way cool! You shoulda brought your board!! You and J could've torn it up!! Bowling looked fun...how come you let him beat ya???
I feel the same way as you about the olympics in SLC...I missed all of it too...and apparantly I missed the awesomest torch lighting ever!!
Happy Valentimes.
PS I did watch some iceskating...that german clown couple...the guy fell!! Did you see that?? It was great. I laughed for like 10 minutes. No other great falls though...I'm with you-negative points! Don't they know what the crowd likes??
Awesome weekend! You too sure know how to celebrate the love :)
The Olymic stuff is cool - I feel the same way about it. I didn't have any major memories of them while they were here.....too bad! I keep hearing that SLC set a high standard for all the following Olympics! I should have gotten my head out of my "high school cloud" and focused more on stuff like that. If only, if only....
Post a Comment