Sooo....for those of you that know Jared and I, you might know that neither one of us are terribly outgoing. We kind of keep to ourselves and don't really enjoy talking to people we don't know. I don't think any of you would disagree. So, it came as a bit of a surprise when our Bishopric asked us to help organize the Ward Christmas Party. Now at first I thought, ok, we will have some potluck, have some people sing some Christmas Carols, and call it a night.
Nope!
They had bigger plans. Just, ya know, turning the Cultural Hall into Bethlehem, having a live Nativity Scene, reenacting the story through a play(this is the part we were in charge of)...the whole shebang!
This was not something we were excited about.
Also another thing we have no desire to do..coordinate plays. We don't even really like attending plays nor do we know how to do it. So this was a learning slash stressful experience to say the least.
For a few weeks we were on the phone, coordinating at church, asking for help from the Bishop, visiting people in the Ward we had never met, all of our favorite things.
That was another trial, asking favors from people you don't even know.
In the end, it turned out ok...we think. People say it went well anyway. Luckily, our Ward is very kind and helpful and it all came together. I'm just glad we only had to worry about the program/music part of it, they had another couple in charge of food and other aspects. A guy from our Stake, I can't remember his name but he is a Vet, builds all the props for fun and stores them in his barn. He is the same guy who brought the animals and the camel. So they did this as a Stake and each Ward took turns using the set. Our party was Saturday, December 1.
| We were supposed to dress like in the time of Christ's birth. So we cut up some sheets and called it good. |
| The star of the show, the camel. I wanted to get a better picture but it was too crowded so this wil have to do. |
Afterwards I took some photos of the set because it was all so amazing.
Now that it is all over, I can look back with fond memories. It was stressful and I wouldn't ever want to do it again, but I'm glad we had the opportunity. I do wish that I had taken the time to enjoy it more instead of being so stressed about everyone remembering their lines and the program running smoothly.
My favorite part was when we all walked outside to see the Manger and everyone sang Silent Night A Capella. It was a perfect moment to capture the Christmas Spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment