Thursday, September 13, 2012

Moving Day...

Are you ready for this scary story about a move that almost didn't happen when it was supposed to and almost made our brains explode due to stress?
So for a couple of months now we have been preparing to move. We had filled out all the paperwork and the loan had been turned in, everything was sailing smoothly. We were planning on moving on Labor Day weekend; Closing Thursday night, moving most boxes Friday and having refridgerator, washer/dryer delivered, and having Directv installed, Moving bed/couches/heavy things Saturday when we had help.
Our plan was perfect because it was a holiday weekend(extra day off), people were planning on helping (even skipping a family reunion to help), and our lease on the apt ended the last day in August(aka Friday).
Perfect.
Then we remembered that nothing in life comes easy for us.
Oh, and our lender remembered that as well and decided she should make life a little stressful.  We don't really know what happened but somehow our Loan was not going to be done in time for us to Close in Thursday and move that weekend. We didn't find this out until about a week before  we were supposed to move. So we were crossing our fingers that Visionary Homes would let us move in before Closing, but they would not. Then we were hoping they would let us move our stuff into the garage(so we didn't have to move twice), and that they were fine with.
As of Thursday night our plan was to move boxes into the garage Friday, other big stuff on Saturday, and then live with Jennie in Mantua for the next week until we could Close.
Stressed and Frustrated.
Then Friday our prayers were answered.
Our Lender called us and said our Loan was done and we would be able to Close Friday afternoon at 4 pm.
Talk about cutting it close!
You know how sometimes your patience and faith just have to be tested? I think that's what was happening in this situation.
The proud new homeowners!
So everything turned out just fine in the end. We were able to move in Saturday as planned and our wonderful families were there with smiling faces to help. I know I say this a ton, but we really do have the best families! Jared and I are always talking about how lucky we each got with our in-laws. We both have the best in-laws! Everyone is always so willing to help and we appreciate that more than we could ever say. We love you all so much! And thanks again for all of your help!
Jared, Matt, and Jeremy hanging blinds.
Luckily the rain waited until we had everything moved in. And even though our front yard turned into a river, the hydroseed is coming in nicely.
Cute!
I will try and get pics up of the inside once I get it more decorated. All the boxes are unpacked and it already feels like home! WE LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

We are SOOOO HAPPY for you guys!!! I am glad that everything turned out ok in the end, but boy, I can imagine the frustration!! Can't wait to see pics!

Amee said...

Congrats Sarah, Closing is always an ordeal! When we closed on our first house right after we got married we realized that my Drivers license still said "Amee Nelson." But since our loan docs said "Amee Denny" I had to spend time running around to get my new license. Anywho..... congrats! Your house is so cute.