Saturday, June 16, 2012

It's My Birthday and I'll Cry If I Want To...

 Wednesday was my 26th birthday. I never thought I would say this, but I don't like my birthday lately. I love having a day to take off of work and I kind of enjoy presents, but I am NOT a fan of being 26. I feel old.
 I know, I know, 26 is not old and I should enjoy my 20's, yada, yada, yada...I don't care. I feel old and I don't like it. Everyone at work is like, 21 or 23. See, I'm old. All my friends my age have a kid or two or three. I have none and that probably won't change anytime soon. I have like a billion years left of school and I still don't feel like going back. This is a problem.

I guess I just thought that at 26 I would be a lot more accomplished. Maybe that is what makes me sad about my age. However, I do have a really, really great life thanks to a more than wonderful husband and an amazing family. Also, before I start feeling to about sad about being 26, people always think I am 21 so that makes me feel really happy!

I just had to rant about feeling old.
 Just be prepared for me to have a nervous breakdown when I turn 30.

Oh, so for my birthday Jared and I both took the day off. Originally we weren't going to because he told me he didn't have enough leave from work because he had to use so much for the Cruise. Then he took last Friday off to go golfing and I said, "Think again about this whole not taking my birthday off thing." So naturally he found out he did have a little bit of time to take off of work. Amazing, right?  It's baffling to me how when golf is involved there isn't any doubt about taking off work...

Anyway,  we went to SLC and did a little shopping mixed in with some Cheesecake Factory. That made my day. It had been so long since I had been and it was even better than I remembered.
So it was a good day.
Minus the turning 26 part...

No comments: