Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Countdown Begins

I have had quite the haitus lately. No explanation for it, other than we have no exciting news to talk about. I really wish I did, but not yet. Basically life lately has been preparing for Jared's graduation. He has been studying lots and I have been getting everything ready for his party. Ya, we're having a small party for family after his graduation. He insisted that we did not need to throw a party(you know Jared, never wanting the attention) but I have had plans for this for several years now. Plus, I wear the pants so there is nothing he could say about it!

Jared is trying his best to get over his major case of Senioritis and we both have been counting down for the last 2 months. I think every day we say, "Is it May 7th yet?"

ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GO!!!!

One piece of hopefully good news is that Jared had an interview with Hill Air Force Base for an Engineering position last Wednesday. Jared had been in contact with a guy from HAFB for a couple of months now(we will call him Jim) and last week he sent Jared's resume around to a bunch of the supervisors. Monday morning he received a call from one of the supervisors(we will call him Mark) asking for an interview. Jared said it went really well and Mark seemed interested. Mark also emailed Jim telling him how impressed he was of Jared.

So basically, add that to the waiting list!. We are sooooooo hoping for a phone call from HAFB with a job offer. Jared has always wanted to work there and we both feel really good about this opportunity. It would be close to home and that would be great. We really don't want to move far away.


Jared before his interview looking all handsome.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we have some exciting news to post about in relation to a new job.

Stay tuned!!!

BTW:

Happy April 16th EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

YAY!! I remember when Adam was nearing the end.....it seemed ENDLESS!!! It's almost there - that is SO GREAT!!

Tell Jared that we are proud of him and wish him the very best with HAFB. That would be a great place to work. I have a few friends who have hubbies working there and they are very satisfied. We'll be praying for good news!

AmyJ said...

We're counting down right along with ya!

Anger said...

It's the final coutdown ba na na na, ba na na na, ba na na naaaaa the final coutdown! Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. ha ha.