Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rodeo

Friday night was the Days of '47 Rodeo in Ogden. I had been to rodeos before but this one was extra cool. Matt and Amy invited us to go with them and it was a blast! There were SO SO many people there and we had really great front row seats. But for some reason, half of the people there thought is was more fun to walk right in front of us for the entire show instead of watching the rodeo. SO...I didn't get great pics unless you count the ones with some stranger walking in front of me.
At the beginning they had 9 skydivers fly into the arena..awesome!

Some of the landed skydivers

The last guy to land was carrying our nation's flag...very patriotic. They also did an emotional tribute to our soldiers. When they have soldiers walk into the arena and play Toby Keith's song American Soldier...you don't get more patriotic than that.

I don't technically know what they called this, but the horse was running super fast and I was amused.
Jared and his brother Matt trying to catch a free T-shirt. Too bad they missed and I caught it. Well, I guess it just kind of hit me when I was taking a picture. But that part of the story is not important.
Some bull riding pics.
After the rodeo they had some motorcyle jumping. It was amazing. I had only seen it on TV but it is way better in person.

And then there were fireworks...right behind the speakers ha ha.
If you ever get the chance to go you definitely should. We really enjoyed it. Thanks Matt and Amy for the invite. And yes, next time I will wear a cowboy hat and boots.

4 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Guy carrying in the flag from the plane? Guy?! You didn't even recognize your best friend flying into the arena. B.....please.

AmyJ said...

Amen on the boots and hat next time...we need one of those HUGE buckles-mine's gonna say T-E-X-A-S on it :)

Glad y'all came! It was fun! I loved the speaker in my fireworks pics too--niiice. And great job "catching" the shirt!! haha

Love you guys :)

PS thanks for coming with me today! It was fun :)

Anger said...

Question: Am I jealous of your VERY patriotic 24th?

Answer: Who wouldn't be?

Awesome. All I Can Say Is Wow!

Whitney said...

Fun! I haven't been to a rodeo in forever, that looks like it was a blast!!! :)