Monday, May 18, 2009

Sightseeing

Since Sunday is the only day Jared doesn't work that is the day we try to go see the sights and do something fun. This week we decided to go see the JFK Memorial in Dallas. This is the actual memorial. We walked right past it and didn't even know what it was and had to go back to see it. The guy who designed it said he wanted it to be like an "open tomb" for JFK. It is really cool and large as you can see.
This is a little story they had about the assassination of JFK. It tells you what buildings the shooters were located in and just a little about what time it happened and everything.

These are 2 of the buildings that shooters were located in during the assassination. The building on the left the shooter was on the 5th floor, I think. And the building on the right he was on the 2nd. I might be a floor or two off, my memory can't remember. There was actually 3 shooters and the 3rd was in a different building on another street.
This is the street he was driving down when he was shot. It is called Elm Street.
They have 2 of these X's on the road. The X's are exactly where JFK was when he was shot. I didn't get a good picture of the other X.
I don't remember what this is but it was cool.
This is the Old Red Museum. The JFK Museum is in here but it was closed when we got there so we didn't go in.
We also went into Fort Worth to a place called Fort Worth Water Gardens. We didn't even know what it was and just found it on the GPS and thought it looked fun so we went. They had like 4 different things to see. This was one of them. As you can see you can actually walk down in there. I was scared walking down because those little steps aren't very big and it was pretty steep.

This was another little place they had there. It was called The Quiet Pool. It was very peaceful down there and pretty.
This was the Auerated Pool. The water below the fountains was supposed to look solid like you could walk across it. Not very good from the picture but it did look that way.


Here are some more of us down in the fountain.

7 comments:

The Wyatts said...

Looks pretty cool. I wish i could come down and see them myself. Stupid money!

Jennie said...

Looks like you are having alot of fun. Love the water falls. The quiet water is really pretty.

Love & Miss you guys

laci said...

Yeah those little adventures look awesome! We want to join next time. And I apologize about the game thing Sunday...we were doing a little exploring of our own and by the time we got home the game was basically over. (and it was boring) So we just watched the finale of Survivor, cause we're big fans. Anyways...we need to do something fun again. It might have to be in awhile though cause lucky me, I'm going to pick up my MIL this afternoon. :)

Anger said...

I want to go to there!

AmyJ said...

Fun! I've never been to the JFK memorial. I do remember going to those water gardens tho. Pretty.

Glad you're enjoying Texas :)

Krystal said...

What fun to see all these different sights! Hope you continue to explore and enjoy ;)

The Peavler Elves said...

Hi! Hey I've been meaning to ask you if they had some kind of memorial for Kennedy down there. I saw a show about it on discovery channel. Pretty interesting stuff. The pools were pretty too! Liz Lemon would say "I want to go to there".