Thursday, May 7, 2009

Updating Time...

Hello everyone. As I promised here are some pictures from our road trip to Texas and some pictures of our apartment and what not. Mostly what you will see from the road trip are road signs saying what state we are in because that was pretty much the most exciting scenery...
When we were taking this picture a semi drove by and was blowing his horn at us. I guess he thought our pose was awesome.
This is Invesco Field where the Denver Broncos play in Denver. We stayed in Denver the first night and slept too late and missed the complimentary breakfast. So we found a Denny's and it turns out their stadium is literally across the street. It was pretty cool and we don't even like the Broncos.
Another funny thing is the GPS originally told us that we were going south through Colorado and then through a littly bit of Oklahoma before we got to Texas....so we are drivin' along, drivin' along and all the sudden we see this sign "Welcome To New Mexico!!!" What?!! Anyway, I guess the GPS decided we didn't need to see Oklahoma.
This is the old Cowboys stadium. They have already started tearing it down and we didn't know that.
And here is the moment you have all been waiting for....well, I know Jared was....the new Texas Stadium!! It is huge and I feel the pics are not doing it justice. Plus, all these were taken from the road because they aren't allowing people to get any closer until it opens on June 6.
Here are some pictures of our apartment. They are way way nice. Thank goodness. We are actually in a city called Grapevine and it's pretty big. I think the population is about 50,000. Plus, there are several other larger cities around us as well. We are about 20-25 minutes away from Dallas. I'm glad we are in a slightly smaller area. I don't like driving on freeways and they are everywhere here.


On Sunday we went into downtown Dallas to see what it's all about. Really big basically. One thing that I didn't know was how green it is here. And I love that there are trees everywhere you look. I was expecting Texas to be more desert-like but it's not. It is really pretty here.

As for an update with Jared and his selling it has been kind of a slow start. He hasn't sold any yet but we are staying optimistic. Everyone who has done this before has told us that the first week is always the hardest. You need to get that first sell and get your confidence up and then it gets a lot easier. So we are waiting for that first sell...I'm crossing my fingers that it comes today....

6 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

I will cross my fingers too!

AmyJ said...

Thanks for the update! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all those Texas pictures!!

We miss you guys! Good luck on the selling...we're always thinkin' about ya :)

laci said...

I'm so jealous of your "welcome to.." pictures. I wanted to get those for our road trip as well, but turns out riding in the back trying to keep a baby pacified doesn't let one do that too well. Not to mention when I tell Nate to tell when we get close to Texas and after like ten minutes he says, "yeah, I'm pretty sure we've been in Texas for awhile" Geeze. Anyways, I'm glad you're here! Don't worry too much about Jared...he'll be fine!!!

Whitney said...

Fun I love road trips! That's awesome you got to go through so many states.
I'm jealous you got to see the new Texas Stadium!! Are you guys gonna go to any games!?
Good luck to Jared, he can do it!

Kid and Jason said...

Hey guys! Thanks for documenting your road trip for us, those poses were pretty awesome! Good luck Jared--you're so close!

Krystal said...

SO different, but SO fun!! Thanks for the update.
We are always thinking and praying for you. We hope things pick up with sales and that Jared becomes a Door-to-Door Selling Machine!!!