Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jeppsen Family Tradition...

My love for Christmas Trees and all things of the Season is been documentated quite well on this blog. The first Christmas Jared and I celebrated together was 2007 and we had this great idea to start our own little family tradition. We came up with the idea to buy an ornament each year that describes something we did slash accomplished that year.
This was our first ornament. I ordered it from Amazon so it was a little more personalized.
In September of 2008 we went on a Cruise to Mexico. We found this ornament at Hobby Lobby and had to get it.
In 2009 we made our way to Texas and tried our luck at the Summer Sales. Unfortunately it wasn't for us but we still had a good time. We loved it there! Oh, and we just happen to be Cowboys fans.

These next 2 are from our trip to Yellowstone we took with Jared's family the Summer of 2010.
I had actually forgotten we had bought these during our trip in one of the gift shops until I found them in storage.
This is our ornament from this year. Of course, it is to celebrate Jared's graduation from College. We waited a long time to buy this one!
 I love our little tradition. It's kind of fun to look back on each year and then shop around for the perfect ornament. I think it will be fun for our kids one day to look back at the things we did and to help pick out the ornament for the year.  That makes me happy to think about it! To me, Christmas has more tradition to it than any other holiday and it's part of the reason I love this time of year.

1 comment:

AmyJ said...

Have I mentioned before that I LOVE this tradition? And also that I'm slightly jealous of it? Your ornaments are so so cute! I love them! Love that you took a photo of your program from the play. I thought about doing that same thing, but never did it. Glad you guys came with us! Fun and Christmassy! Love the Christmas village pictures! So Christmassy!

Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!