My sweet Grandma Lott passed away on Monday. It's been one of those, "it's good for her so she doesn't have to suffer anymore, but it's sad for us because we will miss her so badly." She was such a great woman. My grandma was the ultimate grandma, so sweet, loving, and just happy. I never heard my grandma say a bad word about anyone. Grandma always would hold your hand when your were talking to her, even when she was so sick and weak. I remember kneeling down by her to talk and she would always want to hold your hand. She just always wanted you to know how much she loved you and how special you were.
I have so many memories of her and my grandpa. We would go over to their house so many times when I was little. I just love that house and all the love that is there. Since my parents are divorced and we can't go home to the house that I grew up in, I guess that is how I feel when I walk into grandpa and grandma's home. I am filled with memories and love when I walk through the doors. It feels like home to me. I have so many memories of going camping with them and spending all of the holidays there. Going over to grandma's on Halloween for donuts and chili, hunting trips in the snow, grandma's cooking, her soft hands, her laugh, the love that my grandpa always showed her was amazing. They are the perfect example of love. They were high school sweethearts and were married for over fifty years. My grandpa took such good care of her these last few years, he is amazing.

Her funeral was today, it was so special. It was such a nice tribute to the great woman she was and the great example she will continue to be to all of us. I have the greatest grandparents in the whole world and I love them so much! I am so grateful to call you my grandma. You will be missed. I love you!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry Sara. I know that can be really hard. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Love ya!
Sarah you really are the best. of course your sisters are the best too.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard when things like that change.
Post a Comment