Saturday, January 8, 2011

St. Jorge and Golf...

One of the great things about this Christmas was that Jared had school off for the semester and I took a couple of weeks off of work. It was so nice to spend the holiday together. I don't remember the last time I had time off like that for the holidays.
The morning after Christmas we left for St. George because Jared, his dad, brother, uncles, etc. all play in a golf tournament that week. Jared and I love road trips. We get lots of snacks, make some amazing playlists, and just drive. It is such fun! Unfortunately, it was cold down there and we didn't do a whole lot. Jared and I both got really bad colds and just didn't feel like going out much. We did have fun playing in our nightly Ligretto games in the hotel room, though. Also, Jared played really well golfing and even won some money.
On the drive...I thought this was a great picture.
In the hotel relaxing...
Overall, I will take a trip anytime over going to work so it was a nice getaway. We even ended up extending our trip one night because of the huge snow storm that hit. There was snow in St. George the morning we left and I don't think that happens too much. The drive was pretty icy and scary in spots but we made it home just in time for New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

Anger said...

ha ha. That first pic is grrreat. oops, didn't mean to go all Tony the Tiger on you.