We watched movies (a lot of them), we colored pictures of The Incredibles, Jared attempted to read him a book, we had a good time. Everything turned out ok and he may have even snuggled with me for a few minutes during Toy Story 2. My mom called me to see how everything was going and mentioned that it was, "good practice" for me. I then informed her that when I had a baby it would not pop out as a 3 year old and I would have time to prepare for that age. But I would say Austin and I are pretty good buds now. Although he kept calling me "peanut." I don't know if I should be flattered or offended...I'll choose to be flattered.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Getting Me Ready
Today I had the opportunity to babysit my nephew, Austin. This is funny to me because I have no idea how to entertain him. I don't have any kid toys or movies or anything at my house and I'm sure he was so bored. He is only 3 and so he needs to be entertained, you know? I was kind of nervous about it. I babysat him one time last summer and I thought I was being such a cool aunt because I took him to Willow Park to see the animals and play on the swings and stuff. A kid would love that right? Well, after about 3 minutes of walking through the animals he turned to me and said, "I wanna go home.." I was pulling out my A-game there and it got me nowhere...so now you understand why I was nervous.

We watched movies (a lot of them), we colored pictures of The Incredibles, Jared attempted to read him a book, we had a good time. Everything turned out ok and he may have even snuggled with me for a few minutes during Toy Story 2. My mom called me to see how everything was going and mentioned that it was, "good practice" for me. I then informed her that when I had a baby it would not pop out as a 3 year old and I would have time to prepare for that age. But I would say Austin and I are pretty good buds now. Although he kept calling me "peanut." I don't know if I should be flattered or offended...I'll choose to be flattered.
We watched movies (a lot of them), we colored pictures of The Incredibles, Jared attempted to read him a book, we had a good time. Everything turned out ok and he may have even snuggled with me for a few minutes during Toy Story 2. My mom called me to see how everything was going and mentioned that it was, "good practice" for me. I then informed her that when I had a baby it would not pop out as a 3 year old and I would have time to prepare for that age. But I would say Austin and I are pretty good buds now. Although he kept calling me "peanut." I don't know if I should be flattered or offended...I'll choose to be flattered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha, that is too funny! It reminds me of a time when I babysat my nephew and I even bought Peter Pan and a cool memory Peter Pan game. Well he could have cared less. Seriously what do they like? But that is pretty sweet he called you peanut, I would for sure take it as a compliment!
Peanut, eh? h ha. My nephew called me Woohoo for like a month, even though he could say my name. Good job though. Kids are hard to entertain. So when are you due? snicker snicker. (I think it should be noted that the word verification is retingl...to tingl again)
Peanut...I love it!
I'd totally look at that as a positive :)
How fun!!! I always feel like I'm getting "prepared" anytime I watch Brindley or Londyn :) Kids are so fun! You sound like you'll be a great mom :)
Post a Comment